Custom Cake Policies
Custom cake payment and order policy
Once we have finalized your cake order details you will be sent an invoice via email to pay for your cake order. This is generated through Square.
- You must pay for your cake order in FULL at least 14 days prior to the pick-up date in order to book in and secure your order.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Delivery and setup is depending on the location of the venue and will be stipulated in the final price. This is a service for Custom cakes larger than 2 tiers.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees Celsius or below.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will place them for an additional fee. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our store.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon our ability to complete the Agreement and is subject to labour disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
- Cancellations 7 days or less from pick up date will result in NO refund and NO credit issued.
- Cancellations 8-13 days before pick up result in 50% refund or credit.
- Please note that any requested refunds or cake complaints will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, our terms, conditions and refund policy is considered "accepted" – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc.
* In case of deliveries customers are asked to thoroughly read their invoice as this is the form we use to complete your cake design. We ask you ensure all information is correct; design, sizes, servings, delivery location & time, names, spelling, cake toppers and so on.
Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, colour shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for. This will only be possible if we have a cake decorator on site upon collection.
All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our store. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
Cake flavour and texture is subjective to personal taste and preferences. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably within 24 hours of pick up/delivery - please email us promptly to let us know of any issues. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Cocoa Spice Cakery. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten.
*Store credit percentages are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.